Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Progress

Miss T went to the doctor yesterday and she is now dilated to a 4 and 90% effaced. So she is making progress. While she has some contractions they aren't consistent yet. So the doctor thinks she will probably deliver this week but isn't sure. It really depends on the contractions getting regular and consistent. So the only thing we know for sure is this little guy is still doing well and will make a debut some day.

Today I had an appointment with my attorney. He is a really nice guy. Since his office is in Kansas City my best friend Darby went with me and we made a day of it. We did some shopping, had lunch, went to my appointment and then hit the Cheesecake Factory for some wonderful dessert. It was a fun day.

Throughout this whole adoption process I've had either Heather, my sister, or Darby go with me to all my appointments. I don't mind doing it on my own but it's nice to have a second person there. Between two of us we remember to ask all the questions and we are more likely to remember the answers. I'm lucky to have such supportive friends and family. What we have started noticing though is that people automatically think we are lesbians when we go to the appointments together. It's funny to us now but at first it kind of threw us off. The attorney today was the most discreet and appropriate in asking us though. We were very impressed.

I think it's so funny that we are now living in 2008 and some people still think it's odd for a woman to adopt or parent on their own. It just makes sense to me to do this now even though I'm not married. While I would love to be married some day and while I would love to share my life and have children with someone I also don't want to wait. I figure I will develop my life the way I want it and if a man comes along that fits in that plan that's great. But if he never does that's okay too. I'm good on my own. I have a life I'm pleased with and a group of people that love and support me. That's all I need right now.

And thank God I have them all around while I WAIT this out. Waiting is more fun in groups I've found...

1 comment:

veggiemom said...

Good luck! Thinking of you...
Kerri and Ruby