Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, January 11, 2008

It's A Match

The meeting with Miss T went very well today. We were both really comfortable with one another. She is a beautiful girl and a really great mom to her two year old twins! They are also adorable. Full of energy and lots of fun! We met for a couple of hours and talked most of the time. She had quite a few really good questions for me. I also got to meet her grandmother, sister, brothers, and a cousin. They were also very nice.

So at this point we both feel comfortable moving forward with an adoption plan. I'm trying my best to remain cautiously optimistic this time. I don't want to get too excited until he is here and the paperwork is signed. I don't want to pressure her or get too worked up. I am just very pleased that we both seemed to be on the same page about ongoing contact and what the future would look like. It gives me hope that we could potentially have a very positive open adoption. I was also thrilled that she liked the names I have picked out. I had a list of my top five boy names and she liked two of them. I also like the name that she had picked. So we are going to use one of my picks for the first name and her name for the middle name. So compromise it is.

That's what I know for today. The rollar coaster ride is just beginning. It's going to be a long month I believe!

5 comments:

Gina said...

Congratulations! I found your blog through an Ethiopian adoption blog site. God's blessings to you, the BM, and your precious baby boy.

Gina, Mommy to Lucas

Gurskes said...

Oh Jessie this sound wonderful! I will pray for your patience during this month. I understand your "not wanting to get to attached." This adoption stuff really gives us many ups and downs. I hope this one continues on an UP!

P.s my hopes are still up..sorry but i'm just an optimis!

Bethany

veggiemom said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out for you.
Kerri and Ruby

Aimee said...

I have followed your story for awhile but I wanted to post that I am sending good vibes for you on this one. May it be THE one.

Aimee
www.offwego-brynly.blogspot.com

Stacie said...

This is great news! I will be praying for you all - is she due in the next month? (Maybe I missed that - I was so excited reading too fast.)