Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Lawyers

Today I got a call from the adoption agency that I need to retain a lawyer to do my portion of the adoption. So I called my attorney and scheduled a meeting. Since we are so close to the due date he actually booked me for Saturday afternoon. He said he didn't have any regular openings during the week until the start of February and he didn't want to wait that long.

While Miss T is due on February 8th she will probably deliver early. Last Friday at her doctor's appointment she was already dilated to a 2 and was 80% effaced. The doctor says that she expects her to deliver anytime. So getting all the legal stuff in place in a hurry is important. Miss T meets with her attorney tomorrow. When I talked to her today she was feeling good, having a few contractions, but mainly worried about getting everything in place since he might debut early. She kept asking me if I was ready. I think I'm as ready as I can get without being to overly excited. It's so hard to prepare but remain detached. I'm beginning to think that's not possible. So I'm just trying to have faith that this will work out the way it's supposed to.

Pray for us all please... Lord knows we need it!

No comments: