Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, October 12, 2007

The Plan

Bethany asked me awhile back in a comment what adoption plan I'm currently on. Lord knows I've tried about everything at this point right. So she and everyone else can pray with some specifics here is the run down.

I'm still on the wait list with my international agency for an Ethiopia adoption. This is where I started and I still feel a strong connection to Ethiopia and this path. Right now I'm like 5 1/2 months waiting with that agency. The wait time for families requesting either gender 12 months or younger is running 14 months. I figure by the time I would get close to the top of the list it would be about 16/17 months. Just trying to be realistic.

I am also open to a private domestic adoption. If you have read my blog for long you will know I had a failed domestic adoption in July. While that was hard I really enjoyed that process. I loved getting to know Miss N and I so loved being able to be there when Roman was born, holding him, loving him, getting to meet him right away. While there was heart break involved it was part of my process and I have no regrets. If another domestic situation appeared I would not pass it down! However, I'm not currently involved with any particular agency regarding that plan. Several agencies around Kansas have my information and present it to expectant families but no real plan or match exists at this time.

As far as pursuing a pregnancy at this time it's just not an option. My health is not stable enough for that. While my diabetes is in better control my kidneys are not functioning at a capacity that would be healthy during a pregnancy. The risk of losing one or both kidneys is just to great. However, that does not mean that someday in the future I wouldn't be willing to revisit the idea. I'm really trying to get healthy! I'm following a healthy diet, exercising, and taking all my meds even thought I HATE them and the side effects. My goal is not to end up getting well enough to attempt a pregnancy. My goal is to develop a healthy plan so I can be the best mother I can be.

Honestly I don't care if I adopt from Ethiopia or from the US. I want to bring a baby home. Most of all I want to raise a child that God has planned for me. I know that he is working on preparing me and a baby for one another. I don't know where that little baby is right now but I have complete faith that someday they will end up living in my house and my heart...

So that's where I'm at. Pray away my friends!

1 comment:

Gurskes said...

Great Plan :-)

I didn't know you could be on lists for more than one agency? That is incredible. Okay I have specifics and we'll pray hard for you. Patients is wearing thin over here too, so you are not alone. Just gotta keep our heads above it.

Thanks for playing Tag (i knew you would)

-Bethany