Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Outgoing Mail

When Miss N had baby Roman I promised her that I would send her copies of all the pictures I took that day. When I got home without Roman I wasn't sure exactly what to do with them. I couldn't just delete them, I couldn't put them up somewhere around the house, and I didn't know if I should contact her to mail them. Well now that time has passed and I'm tired of looking at the package sitting on my desk I am mailing them out to her tomorrow. I'm sending all the pictures including the one's with Heather and I in them. I figure she can decide what to do with them now. I just feel like if I made the promise I need to follow through regardless of how the situation turned out.

So this is the note I put in the card with the pictures.

"Miss N-

Here are copies of all the pictures I took the day the baby was born. I promised to send them to you and I do apologize for the delay. I wish I could have spoken to you at the hospital and told you good bye. I hate that things were left the way they were. I'm so blessed that you included Heather and I in such a miracle. What a beautiful baby boy. I'm blessed that I was able to watch his debut into the world. I have a feeling he will do great things. I think of you, little C, and the baby often. I pray that you all are well. Best wishes to each of you in the future.

Much Love
Jessie"

So that's it. I don't know if she will respond or not. In fact I don't need a response. I just needed some closure. While I still miss Roman I also really miss Miss N. She and I spent much time on the phone getting to know one another. I miss knowing her. She really is a marvelous girl. And I do pray for them and think of them often. I so hope that they are doing okay and have the support they need. This world has been tough on Miss N and I pray that things are easing and she is well.

What do you think? Do you think it's okay to send the pics? Do you think I'm overstepping my bounds? I don't know the rules for this type of thing and I'm just playing along in the best way I know how...

2 comments:

Gurskes said...

Jessie,

I don't know protocol on these types of situations and we never ask to be put in these situations, but I ultimatley believe you have to do what your heart tells you to. Answer your questions

-Are you going to find closure in this REALLY?

-Are you going to provide pictures for Miss N and Baby growing up to reflect upon? (basically are you helping to create memories for them..positive ones)

-What would you really do with those pictures if they sat around...dwell?

I think your a brave woman, who is ready to move on to the baby god has chosen for you. I personally feel you must really want to send those pictures and provide that piece of there lives for them....or you wouldn't have them packaged up with such a warm blessing note.

Our prayers are with you during such a desicion.

Gurskes

Anonymous said...

Jessie... What a brave and kind thing you did, passing those pictures on. If I'm reading this right (Roman's birthmom had made an adoption plan with you, then decided to parent the child after all), this is not uncommon... but heartbreaking when it happens to you.

We tell our kids that when they were ready for a new family, their angels took them by the hand and led them straight to us. It sounds as though Roman was not your child. Your child may not even be born yet. Someday you will look back on this process, and be grateful that you waited because you have the child that God meant just for you.

It's the waiting part that's hard. Just focus on each day as it comes, and don't let your mind run away with you. Let the angels do their work. Blessings...