Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 22, 2007

Panic in my Heart

I had a meeting at work on Friday morning that started at 9:00 and lasted till 11:00. Well when I got out of the meeting and went to my office my cell phone was beeping at me. I flipped it open and see 7 missed calls all from one of the adoption agencies I've talked with. So of course I scream and call them back.

It seems they have a potential situation that they want to present my profile on and wanted my permission. The expectant mom is due soon so they were in a hurry to get it shown and that's why they called so many times. I told them it would be fine to show the profile. I also explained to the social worker that I appreciated her being so diligent but in the future if it's just a maybe or a I wanna show your profile call she should only call twice. When I see seven missed calls I'm convinced that she is on the way to my house with a baby and it strikes panic in my heart.

She laughed like crazy and promised not to do that in the future. She actually said it didn't cross her mind that I would think that. That silly gal. Of course it is rational to freak out and immediately think a baby is coming when there are more than five calls. :-)

2 comments:

Gurskes said...

Big Prayers coming your way!!!

Gurske's

LISA said...

Nice to find your blog. I'm from Kansas also!