Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 14, 2008

Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Okay Sylas and I went and got professional pictures done! It was a really fun experience. In fact today I got the link for the pictures and saw them all. I knew we had some cute ones but seriously. My kid is cute! You can see for yourself by clicking here! Let me know if you have a favorite. I'm having a hard time picking which ones I like the best.

It was so weird when I got the link from Seresa to view the pics for the first time. I got really emotional looking at them. I have waited and waited for this little guy and now here he is. Here we are. In real pictures. Pictures mean a lot to me. They always have and for some reason now his pictures really do. It just makes it more real. When I see the ones of us my heart just swells. This is my son, my baby, my heart living in the outside world. CRAZY!!!

Also as soon as I saw how cute they were my first thought was I have to call my mom. That used to happen to me quite a bit now that Sylas is here it happens several times a day. So often I want to call her and tell her all about him. I wish I could. Lord I miss her! But I know that she knows him. I know that she protects him and loves him. In fact I really do believe that she helped God get him to me. She told me before she died that she would send a pretty baby my way. She did her job. He is a beautiful boy. And I'm going to do everything I can to let him know about his beautiful Grandma Dee.

So that's a picture of us and a picture of me in my emotional new mommy missing her mommy state.

3 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

I seriously don't know how you are going to pick. . . I do love the first ones of the close ups--and the one on the scale in b&w with color blocks. The hands one. And all of them with both of you are just gorgeous!! The last one is really fun. No matter what you pick. . . you will not make a poor choice!! ;0)

Stacie said...

He is certainly beautiful. Love all the pictures! Love what you said about your mom - that she knows him - that's such a sweet way to put it.

(And, we'll miss you guys at our get-together! Hopefully next time!)

Anonymous said...

I love all of your pictures. But I personally think my favorites are where he is laying on your shoulder. They are all great though so i am sure you will have fun picking them out.

I understand where you are coming from with your mom. I lost my grandmother almost four weeks ago and since school is over now I am finally having time to process it and it is tearing me up. I know when we have our baby I am going to miss her even more as she had been waiting to meet her great grandbabies and now she will have to see them from heaven, but I know they will have their own personal gaurdian angel.

See ya in the group, I am waiting for Steffany to get back to me regarding starting our homestudy.