Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

How Can That Be


How is it possible that this cute little baby can cause such an uproar. How can this little bit of adorable baby cry for 6 hours straight. How can this sweet sweet boy have two blow outs in that many hours, pee on the carpet and me and the curtains. How can my lovely little doll of a baby spit up down my shirt coating my boobs in stinky formula. How can this be? And why does no one tell you that some days last more than 24 hours and that asking for help can feel so hard?

But I did admit defeat and sent this adorable little boy to visit his aunt Amanda and uncle Shawn today so Mommy could take a nap. I felt guilty for a little bit but after taking a shower that lasted longer than 3 minutes and taking a nap that lasted longer than 2 hours I quit feeling guilty. I should have done the same thing last week!

6 comments:

Stacie said...

Oh girl, you are definitely a mama now aren't you? You deserve a nap and a shower every now and then! Good for you. I think being a mom is hard, but being a single mom - that is something that we non-singles should commend every day! You mamas do it all! Seriously, I really honor how much you do and how hard it must be somedays. (Not to say it isn't worth it of course! :)

jodilee0123 said...

Yes, always ask for help--I do know how hard that is!! :0) Once, our little Jakob puked all over Craig's back. . . he had a thick sweatshirt on so he didn't even know it (and I don't think guys can smell as well!) He was walking around the house for hours! haha!! Good thing he didn't go out in public--although when it happens out in public. . . there is nothing you can do about it! Little hint--People LOVE to watch new babies--all you have to do is ask. Do it now before they turn two and your friend's houses aren't child proofed to your liking. :0)

veggiemom said...

Poor mama! Some days just really suck! Glad you got the break you needed. Hang in there.
Hugs -
Kerri and Ruby
PS - we'll miss you in Springfield.

LISA said...

AH,Jess Who needs a shower and nap..... LOL!Hey, I live in KS, I'll babysit!
The pictures are gorgeous!!!

katd said...

You SO need that time for yourself! I'm very glad you had a nice shower and a long nap:)

Anonymous said...

It'll get easier, I promise! You're a great mom! Always ask for help when you need it.