Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 6, 2008

Big Weekend

We had a big and busy weekend. Sylas and I went to visit his first family on Saturday. They live about two hours from us. We went and Katie's aunts cooked a large meal for us and then they hosted a little baby shower. It was such a wonderful time! They really made Sylas and I feel welcomed and loved. I never would have dreamed that we would have such a comfortable relationship but we do. I feel like we have another kind of extended family. It really is a blessing. Sylas could never have too many people to love him and I could never have too many people offerring support and friendship. We really are blessed!

Katie, his first mom is doing well. She is still struggling emotionally which is too be expected. But she is reaching out to her social worker, family and friends. She also feels comfortable talking to me about her feelings which I really appreciate. While Katie may be struggling some emotionally she is doing great physically. She looked so beautiful on Saturday! She has already lost 45 pounds and says she is feeling good. I'm so thankful for that.

So here are some fun pics of the weekend.

Sylas and his beautiful Katie!


Sylas with his biological sister Amara. I think they look a lot alike.


And my very adored boy! I just love him!!!

6 comments:

veggiemom said...

What an awesome situation you have for Sylas! You are all so lucky - you, Katie, and most of all, Sylas.
Kerri and Ruby

jodilee0123 said...

What a beautiful family!! Kaiti is our son's first mom's name too!! What gorgeous pictures. I just knew you would have a special relationship with her and her family!! :0)

Kelly said...

I haven't checked your blog and Holy Moly CONGRATS !!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you and your beautiful boy Sylas. He is just precious!!!!!

Stacie said...

What a blessing to have such a wonderful relationship with his first family! I'm so happy for you that this is all such a wonderful, positive experience!

katd said...

How beautiful. I mean, truly gorgeous. What an incredible blessing to have the situation you do with Kate. It's amazing:)

LISA said...

I'm so happy for you!