Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Shame On Them!

I stumbled upon this site today and I am horrified! I think this site is someone's idea of sick humor but it's really not funny. I am known for having a really sick sense of humor and even I wasn't the slightest bit impressed. Adoption is such a personal and difficult journey for many people. And organ donation and the need for a transplant is also a difficult and personal journey. To combine the two in such a way is insensitive and ridiculous. I don't know who is behind this site and why they would think it was funny but shame on them!

9 comments:

Debbie Smith said...

I agree Jessie what an awful site. Do people really thing that is the answer?

veggiemom said...

Seriously, this makes me want to throw up. I just don't get people.
Kerri and Ruby

Anonymous said...

How do you know that this is a joke? I'm sick to my stomach. Who do I contact to see if this is real? My email is dknott6190@aol.com. I'm Skylie's Smiles Grandma (Onnie).

katd said...

I am sorry that I even gave their websie a hit. That is beyond disgusting. I am sickened. Shame on them is right.

Aimee said...

I TOTALLY agree. I can't believe this would be up-joke or, god forbid, not. After all you have to go through to convince countries that your motives are good. This can be very destructive. Not to mention-what if it is true?!?!?! Unbelievable.

Aimee

Stacie said...

I am totally confused - that is just plain weird. It's not even the least bit funny. Why do people do things like that?

Orange Girl said...

This was posted on a Yahoo group that I belong to and one of the parents posted the link to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, which is a good place to report this nastiness:

https://secure.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/CybertipServlet?LanguageCountry=en_US

It's a very simple online form to fill out and I encourage everyone to submit an incidence report. Hopefully, a high volume of reports about the website will prompt swift action to remove it and deal with the folks who created it.

I just can't let myself believe that it's true, but I also can't believe that anyone would be twisted enough to put that much effort into such a disgusting "joke."

Melanie said...

Oh my goodness. It can't be real- please tell me you have found out it isn't real.

Overwhelmed! said...

I think I'm going to be sick now!