Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, February 4, 2008

Is The Third Time A Charm?

For the blog carnival I included a post at my other blog about being rematched with another expectant family. The expectant mom, Miss S, is due on March 11th with a baby girl. The other two failed matches I've had have been boys. So I'm wondering now if I'm suppose to have a little girl and if maybe just maybe the third match will really be the final match.

I'm nervous and hestitant to get excited. I'm going very slow with this match. I won't be participating in the doctor's appointments or sonogram this time around. And I won't be at the hospital for the birth. I've decided that I will wait until the relinquishment paperwork is signed before I go to the hospital. Miss S seems to understand that and is fine with my decision in regards to that.

I still want an open adoption after the fact. I just don't want to get attached again and have another failure. I know if this situation falls through I will still be disappointed but at least I won't have a little face stuck in my head like all the others. I don't know if that makes any sense but I just can't do the hospital thing again. It's too hard and emotionally draining.

So I wait... I'm getting used to that part!

4 comments:

katd said...

Man, I know it's important to keep calm especially after two failed matches, but it's exciting to have another potential situation! Sending good thoughts!!

veggiemom said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you.
Kerri and Ruby

Gurskes said...

hmmmm a girl? WHO'D A THUNK? I think it's a novel idea :-)!

We love you very much and will be praying and thinking of you.

Sorry I didn't do the carnival, i'm embarressed to say "I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO IT!" Next time around you will have to coach me step by step.

Jessie have a wonderful week!

Stacie said...

I think that's good that you're taking care of yourself this time around. You're such a strong person to do so. I admire you so much!

Prayers and good thoughts for you and Miss S (and baby girl)!