Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, July 20, 2007

Attorneys

I spent the majority of the day on the phone with my attorneys. Lucky me I get two attorneys for this adoption and one legal coordinator. I have an attorney to represent me in Louisiana and another one that will handle everything on the Kansas end. And the lovely legal coordinator keeps both of them on track and handles the ICPC portion of the adoption. So we had a big conference call today to go over everything and make sure that everyone knows what is going on.

I'm starting to get excited and overwhelmed as the big day gets closer. The attorneys brought up many things I hadn't thought of. Some good some not so good. So now the wheels are turning in my head. I'm just ready for this little guy to get here so we can get home and start living rather than doing all this planning. I hate that a matter of the heart has to involve so many people and papers and red tape. I just wanna love this little guy and be done with it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessie! Congratulations on the upcoming arrival of your son (hopefully very soon). I found your blog through the
'International Adoption Family Sites' blog under Ethiopian Adoptions. I just wanted to say we are so happy for you as you all become a family. Congratulations again and take care.

G-