Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 12, 2007

Class

My sister, Heather, who is prepping herself to be the bestest aunt in the world went with me this weekend to an adoption class. I had to take it as part of the home study process and she went as my support person. She will also be going with me to Ethiopia when I travel to bring home the baby. She is such a great sister! I'm really blessed.

Anyway the class was GREAT! We were very impressed with the amount of helpful information we were given. Lots of information about bonding and attachment, developmental delays that are possible, adoption supports, cultural issues, etc. It really was a great class. We learned so much more than we thought we would. Very fun.

Most of all the connections we made were so worth the trip. We met one other couple adopting from Ethiopia and a single woman also adopting from Ethiopia. Very nice to meet some families that are fairly close by that will also have children from the same country. I'm hoping we can stay in contact and get together once all of our children are home. It would be a great support.

So that's what I know for the time being. Please pray that our fingerprint clearance from the FBI comes back soon. That is the only thing we are waiting on for our home study to be complete!

No comments: