Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Baby Update


Okay Emily you can quit stalking the blog. Here is an update! When you get done at your conference you have to stop by and get some love from Sylas!

Sylas is doing amazing. He is a super baby. He sleeps a lot. This is a good thing I'm told. However, all the sleeping has prevented me from getting a picture of his little eyes. Though I have hundreds of sleeping Sylas and eating Sylas. I just adore him!!!!

I too am doing great. Motherhood is the most amazing thing in the world. I can't believe I ever survived without him. There are times when he makes me laugh so hard my belly hurts and other times that he makes me cry just by laying there. He is the best band-aid ever! I can't believe how good my heart feels. I just pray that someday he remembers how much I love him when I have to start telling him no.

I am going to get a slideshow put together of pictures of him soon I promise. I've just been really busy and I have a paper that I have to write for class soon. It was actually due today so I emailed the prof and asked for an extenstion and he gave me until tomorrow at noon. Long extenstion huh... But I should be grateful and just get it done. For now you get a picture of Sylas.

9 comments:

jodilee0123 said...

Thank-you for raising my spirits! What a blessing!

veggiemom said...

He is breathtaking and your joy comes through so clearly. It does my heart good.
Kerri and Ruby

Natalie said...

He is gorgeous...so perfect!

Wow! Thanks for sharing your beautiful son with us...

P.S. Good luck with the paper!

Stacie said...

Oh sweet boy! I'm so happy that he is here finally! What a blessing he is. Big hugs to you!!

LISA said...

Thank you for the update!He is soooo cute!!You sound so happy,I know,it's because you ARE!!!OOXX

Aimee said...

I just checked in on your blog. I hereby reveal my lurker self. What an awesome surpirse. I am so happy for you! Enjoy your beautiful boy!
All you have gone through was just to lead you to him.
Aimee

Kelli said...

He is so handsome- can't wait for more pictures!

Anonymous said...

I just had to say congratulations - your journey to him seems to have been a very long and difficult one, but I'm sure he was worth the wait!! You sound like an unbelievable mom already :) ENJOY!!

(PS - I don't know exactly how I ended up on your blog, but we just adopted our 4th child from Ethiopia, so I know it was from a fellow Ethiopian adoptive parent!)

katd said...

Look at that sweet face. I'm so glad you posted a new picture:) Enjoy every second!