Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Small World

It's a small world after all! Okay no this post isn't about the song but since I seem to sing everything to Sylas K I just can't stop myself! I got a phone call from Katie, Sylas' first mom today. We usually talk about once a week so it wasn't a shocker when she called. But she shocked me with what she had to tell me.

It seems she went to visit her cousin last weekend and when she got to her house she noticed Sylas' birth announcement on her cousins fridge. At first she thought maybe I had sent them to all her family members but remembered that I hadn't met this cousin in particular so she asked her about it. That's when her cousin Sara explained to her that she had been friends with me since we were 12 years old! YES Shocking I know!

Sara had called and told my sister Heather a couple weeks ago that she had figured out that I had adopted her cousins baby but that she wanted to tell Katie herself and she wondered if Heather thought it would upset me. Of course Heather told her I would be thrilled to know. So Sara was going to tell Katie over the weekend and then tell me.

What's really crazy about this whole thing is that there have been several events, five that I can think of, that Katie and I have been at over the years involving Sara. Weddings, Graduations, Birthday Parties, etc. And now looking back I remember Katie but hadn't made the connection prior to Katie calling me. How crazy is that. It just reminds me that God had a hand in this whole thing. Sylas was meant to be my little boy and we were meant to be connected to his birth family. How amazingly wonderful. I couldn't have imagined how perfectly this all would have fallen together. God does some good work when I just stay out of it...

8 comments:

veggiemom said...

How cool is that!
Kerri and Ruby

Natalie said...

Ok, so I feel like a big huge jerk because I haven't been over here in awhile. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you that you got a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!

gigglechirp said...

very cool! And wow he is SOOOO cute!!

good wishes,
Jenni

Kelly said...

That's really really cool!

Stacie said...

WOW. I have chills. Isn't it amazing - Sylas was the one you were waiting for - he was the one meant for you. I love reading about your connection to his birth family and how comfortable it is.

LISA said...

WOW! Gives me goosebumps!!

StefB said...

I got goosebumps, too! And it leads me back to the message I left you while you were still in the process of waiting for a referral to work out. I'll bet you're sure now that you were meant to have THIS baby and couldn't imagine it any other way! Sure you would've loved any baby, but Silas is THE ONE! I'm very happy for you and Silas. :)

jesnicole said...

THAT IS THE SWEETEST STORY!! CONGRATULATIONS ON BEING A MOMMY!!! YOU HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY!