Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 16, 2007

Support

I'm so lucky to be blessed with such an amazing support system. I wouldn't even be considering adopting as a single mom if I didn't have a lot of support from friends and family but they still amaze me from time to time. The people I work with really go above and beyond for me. They have just kind of jumped in and are taking this journey with me and I just love them for that.

I'm actually employed in child welfare and I coordinate adoptions for children in foster care. So everyone at the office thinks it's pretty shocking that I wanted to try to adopt on my own. I think they figured I get enough of the adoption paperwork at work let alone doing it at home. But they are already talking baby showers and getting excited so it should be a fun thing.

One day when we were talking about the whole process at lunch one of the girls mentioned that around mid Feburary was probably when my baby would be conceived. If you do the math for how long I'm expecting to wait and all of that she probably isn't to far off. So we started joking that this would be my best Valentine's Day ever. Someone would be getting pregnant with my baby!

So yesterday I got this email from Tara and the subject was Happy Late Conceiving Day! And this is what the message said. "I forgot to tell you yesterday, but congratulations on your new lil' Ethi. baby being created yesterday! Woo hoo!"

That just cracked me up! Thank God I have friends with a sense of humor!!!

Jessie

No comments: