Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Decision Making

I'm really struggling with making a decision about how to proceed in this crazy journey towards motherhood. I had an appointment with my diabetes doctor last week and she feels like I'm on track in getting my blood sugar down. But she thinks it needs to be down and stable at least 6 months before I attempt artificial insemination. Even then she is not optimistic that I will be able to maintain a pregnancy if I would get pregnant.

So I really feel like adoption is the right path for me. Now I'm just struggling with what route to take with that. I can't decide if I should go back to my original plan of an Ethiopian adoption or stick with the domestic route and try to get rematched. I like the fact that there is less to worry about with an Ethiopian adoption. There is a fairly clear timeline and there isn't the changing their mind dilemia. However, I like the fact that I can get a newborn through domestic and I like the idea of an open adoption.... So what to do what to do. It's hard to decide.

Any suggestions????

3 comments:

Gurskes said...

Jessie,

I feel like you've been down each path now.

International
Domestic
and Now possibly your own!

You tell us which feels better :-). I think you have a lot on your plate. I wouldn't go with whats easiest...you need to go with what feels right. Don't let timelines get in the way, or a doctor telling you that you can't do somethiang, or having your first shot at motherhood not go quit your how you had it planned.

What do you ultimitly want to do. I'll tell you what.......I've had days when I'm like "JEFF LETS JUST GET PREGNANT WHAT ARE WE DOING?" but then I take the day with a deep breath and revisit why i'm doing it. It's not about just about me, it's about that little baby out there that also needs me.

Keep your head above the water girl! You will find your path. Take a day and a deep breath.

Much love,
Bethany

Sarah and Tim said...

There have been many times throughout this process that I've wished someone else would make the tough decisions for me, but alas, only we can do that. I'll be thinking about you as you ponder these options.

Unknown said...

What a difficult time!

I'm a diabetic. Had my pregnancies before I was a "normal" diabetic.
Had gestational diabetes every time.

I think you need to get in touch with a gynaecologist/obstetrician who deals with diabetics.
Many can carry out a pregnancy if they can stick to all the livingrules.

I always thought it to be difficult to keep a balance between intake and spending energy.

I've always felt live presents itself when you're open for it.

I haven't read your blog enough to know why you choose an ethiopian baby.
There are many little ones who need good and loving parents.

I hope all will turn out right.