Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Change Of Plans

Well I'm a very organized person. I like to develop a plan, complete the tasks and then celebrate the end result. That's just how I work. I don't do much that is spontaneous. Well that's a changing!

Last Friday I got a very unexpected call. The social worker that did my home study called me. She explained that somehow they have ended up with no families on their waiting list for a newborn bi-racial or African American child. There is NO ONE! So she wondered if I would want to switch programs and pursue a domestic adoption.

I've had an interest in domestic adoption. I looked into it first. But every agency I talked with closed doors, didn't work with singles, or felt I wouldn't get matched with a baby in a timely fashion. So I went with the Ethiopia plan and I was thrilled with that.

But now that she called and explained the new information to me I felt pulled to pursue it. I felt like it was a sign from God that my child is here in the US. After much prayer I really felt like closing this door would be a mistake. So in a matter of hours I attended the domestic adoption seminar, completed new paperwork, and got on the waiting list.

I completed my profile last night and I'm awaiting approval on that. Once it is approved they will start presenting me to birth families and I will just wait for a call. Right now they are anticipating that I could have a baby home anywhere from a matter of weeks to twelve months. I have a feeling I'll be rocking a newborn by Christmas.

So now that I've put myself out there on this leap of faith I'm praying that things will go well. I have a strong feeling they will.

Jessie

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Jessie,

That's wonderful. My prayers are with you!