Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Sunday, November 11, 2007

Family

I have a really big family that is very supportive of my adoption plans. They all get really psyched about anything though. We like to celebrate things. It's just what we do. And we have something very exciting to celebrate now. My brother Shawn, his lovely wife Amanda and my beautiful niece Mattie are moving home in a couple of weeks!

They have been living about 10 hours away for quite awhile now. About 2 years ago they started talking about wanting to move home. But Amanda had a rough pregnancy with Mattie and they didn't want to move until after Mattie was born and they have had a horrible time of trying to get their house sold. But Shawn had a job interview here for a local company and got the job. So they will be moved here by December 1st.

I'm so thrilled that they will be close by. Mattie is 10 months old now and such a joy to be around. They were here all weekend and it's nice to know that it will only be a few weeks before I see them again rather than a few months! I'm so excited that Mattie and my future children will get to grow up together. And the best part is that Amanda will be available to do daycare for my baby so I won't have to worry about finding someone. That makes me feel a lot better. In a perfect world I'd get to stay home with my baby. But someone has to pay the bills. So having family do the daycare is the next best thing for me.

I love it when things fall into place.

No comments: