Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

Teething

Well Mr. Sylas is cutting his first tooth. I think that it must be the biggest tooth known to man due to all the chewing, drooling, and fussing going on. Actually he hasn't been too fussy but you can tell he is pretty uncomfortable. The only thing that really seems to help is giving him frozen fruit cubes in the baby feeder. That thing saves the day. If you don't have one you must run to the nearest store and get one. It looks like a big pacifier with a net on the end. You put the frozen fruit, or ice, or whatever in it and they chew the heck out of it without choking on anything. He loves it! I would recommend striping the kid naked and laying them on a tarp prior to giving them the teether. And a bath afterwards is also helpful. But it's so worth it!

I'm hoping this dang tooth with pop through soon. Every day I think that it might come through and then nothing. Go figure! I'm sure Miss Liz at daycare hopes it would come through too. All three kids are getting teeth this week and I'm sure she is working in baby hell right now. Not fun for her....

Here are some pics of Sylas K.



10 comments:

veggiemom said...

Poor guy! Hope that tooth makes it through soon and stops torturing that sweet guy.
Kerri, Medina, and Ruby

Melba said...

Oh I love the one of him in the water, that's adorable! Hope the tooth comes in soon!

Dave and Rae said...

I'm sorry to hear that tooth is being so stubborn...

As a fellow adoptive parent, I thought to write and tell you about the new guest home in Ethiopia specifically for adoptive parents and volunteer groups for the benefit of orphans in Ethiopia. Now that it is up and running, we would love to share the vision with other adoptive parents. You can see more at http://www.ethiopiaguesthome.com.

If you would like to post a link, send me an email at dave@ethiopiaguesthome.com and I’ll forward you the information.

Blessings,

Dave McIlrath, MA
Orphan Advocate
Ethiopia Guest Home
More Than a Place to Stay
www.ethiopiaguesthome.com

Stacie said...

I hate teeth. They're still making us miserable from time to time. Sylas is so cute with his rolls of love on his legs! He makes me want to smooch him! :)

gigglechirp said...

Oh my he is a doll.

Tooth pain Tooth pain go away!!

good wishes
Jenni

Anonymous said...

OH MY Goodness he is ADORABLE!!! Look at those chubby cheecks and legs!

BTW, you commented on my blog a long long time ago, and I am going through some old posts. YOur son wasn't born back then, but late congratulations to you! I am sure motherhood has been fullfilling. I hope teething got a little better for you.

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet little boy! Hopefully that tooth will come through soon.

thanks for dropping by!

Lorie said...

He is precious! Absolutely precious!
Thank you for commenting on my Random Picture Challenge post. I appreciate it.

Single PAP said...

just found your blog from kerrisjourneytomommyhood... what an adoption journey you had! sylas is adorable! i was wondering if you were still on your waitlist in ethiopia or did you decide to stop after you got sylas.

Yoka said...

Please update with new pictures. I have been missing you.